NOTE: This page is a work-in-progress. Todo – pictures, detailed reviews and sources
A vibrant city full of energy.
- Las Ramblas
- Sagrada da Familia (book beforehand) and take a tower entry – go to the nativity fascade instead of passion as that was constructed by Gaudi; visit the artist fair at placa del pi on saturdays, lovely art you can pick up for a great price.
- Casa Mila
- Casa Batllo
- Park Guell
- La Pedrera
- Check out the bustling markets – La Boqueria at Ramblas or Mercat de Santa Caterina, at Avenuda de Fracesc Cambò
- Do the free walking tour with Runner Bean Tours (their Gaudi & Old City tours are fantastic)
- Walk along Rambla de Catalunya (not La Ramblas)
- Picnic at Mount Juic / Mount Tibitabo
- Barca football stadium
- Walk up the Montjuïic, the views from the top are nothing but just amazing
- Tapas Bar Cerveceria Catalana is a MUST
- Jai-ca (excellent local place close to Barceloneta with a good vibe….try the baby squid and cava sangria)
- La Paradeta (excellent sea-food at very reasonable prices, lots of outlets, we went to the one close to Sagrada Famila- you choose the display and order—have the monkfish called rape (pronounced rap-pe))
- La-Pepita (ave de diagnol) – excellent tapas and drinks
- Casa Delfin (close to the beach) – sit outside and watch the city go by – great for dinner time
- Fidalga (next to sagrada famila) – again excellent value and very very good food…10€lunch menu which includes a drink,salad, main and a dessert
- Cachitos capas e copas on rambla de catalunia – best sangria and excellent tapa menu
- Churros- xurreria dels banys nous (also called San Roman), carrer de banys nous 8, barrio gotico
- Tapas- La Esquinica, Passeig de Fabra i Puig, 296, Nou Barris/ Sagardi Carrer de l’Argenteria, 62, Barrì Gotico/ Botega la tinaja, Carrer de l’Esparteria, 9
- Spend evenings at the tapas and pinxto bars in El Born and have the amazing seafood at the beach.
- Bar Colombo,
- Bar Kasparo and
- Bar Calders, all of which are quite friendly places.
- Sala Apolo,
- Razzmatazz and
- Marula, you can’t go wrong with them